Visit Black Flag TV

Visit Sv Bell's Art Shop!


SV BELL PRINTS AND MERCH AVAILABLE THRU PIXELS / FINE ART AMERICA

Back to Sv Bell's Blog Front Page

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Upgrading my Internet Connection; New TV Channels Coming Soon!

A couple more days before I get an extra internet connection in my office!

I went for a 12mbits upstream connection, which means I will be able to host up to 10 live broadcast, from my own studio! Right now I got 4 live TV streams, and I have a few more on the workbench.

Since all the content I broadcast is hosted on my own computers, I need to have a very high speed upload pipeline. Simply put, when viewers are watching any of my TV stations, what they're seeing is the screen of my computer. As if I was sharing my computer screen with thousands of people. That means a lot of traffic going thru my home internet connection!

Anyways, this is just to say that early next week, I will have a bit of downtime, while the technicians here will run a more capable wire, and hook me to the network. It shouldn't take more than a day though.

As usual, I will keep you updated via Twitter or the Newsletter. Stay tuned!!

sv bell

No comments:

Post a Comment